Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The last few months...

Well it has been a little while since the last time I blogged.
Okay, a little is an understatement.
It has been a long time. 
Over 4 months to be exact.
But now I'm watching Say Yes to the Dress, the baby is asleep (not my baby...I'll explain in a little bit), and so I figure why not blog.
So bear with me. There is so much to tell. I hope you are ready for a long post with lots of pictures.

First off...Halloween. I'm not the biggest Halloween fan, but here at USU they have a little thing called the Howl. I know what you've heard about the Howl...barely dressed woman, lots and lots of beer, and yes those things are there, but that is not why I go. I go for one thing. The concerts. Last year was We the Kings and it was awesome! Probably the best concert I have ever been to. This year was Cartel. Not as good as last years but still worth the $10 I spent on my ticket. My best friend Kait and I have decided to make it a tradition. Every year we will go to this, unless of course, it is a terrible band. So far we haven't been disappointed. And, it is always fun to dress up.

Alli and Jonathan came with us too.
It might be hard to tell, but we are zombies. I am a zombie baseball player, Kait is a zombie schoolgirl, Alli is an Indian, and I am still unsure what Jonathan is supposed to be...

Next we have Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving was not a big thing for my family this year, and that was totally fine by me. We did start a new thing this year though and that was running the Turkey Trot. I am pretty sure my Mom did it just for Jimmer, the dog, but it was still fun none the less. 


You can tell I was really into winning. Most winners pose at the mile marker.


After The Turkey Trot came dinner. Dinner for us was a little delayed. We came back from the run and were relaxing when we realized that we forgot to start the turkey in the roaster. Whoops! Don't worry we did have dinner, but it wasn't until about 5 P.M.
After dinner came BLACK FRIDAY. Except I don't think it should have been called Black Friday. It started about 8 P.M. on Thursday. Alli, Jonathan, Steve and I were waiting in line at Best Buy from about 8-12. Alli and I had a list and we were on a mission, Jonathan was along for the experience, and Steve just came. Alli and I were wanting a TV, which sadly we did not get. I did get some awesome DVDs. This is the only picture I got all day. We started at 8 P.M. and we finished around 6 A.M.

Next on this review of the last couple months is a little trip to Temple Square.
It was a beautiful night, but oh my word it was freezing!!!


This was a really fun night, but these were the only two pictures I got all night. George, Jonathan, and Garth came too...I just don't have pictures.


These two got engaged sometime in the middle of December. Not quite sure what day, but oh well. I'm so happy for them! They are getting married May 11th.

Christmas was the next main thing. This is the first Christmas that I haven't been home for. We celebrated here in Logan with Amanda and Neil. It was different, but so much fun. On Christmas Eve I got a horrible migraine that made me sleepy most of the night. 
The Etheringtons on Christmas Eve with Carter and Jax in their Christmas jammies.

Here is out annual Christmas Eve picture. Don't let this smile fool you; I felt terrible.

Amanda and Neil are starting a new tradition by reading the Nativity story on Christmas Eve. Carter was not happy about sitting down and reading, but I guess the finger in his nose helped him concentrate. 

All the presents on Christmas morning. Amanda told Carter that all the presents with a "C" on them were Carter's. I found him a few times trying to open my presents!


It was this sweet little boy's first Christmas. And we were so thankful this Christmas to have him at home and not in the hospital. 


Carter getting Steve and Neil to help him with his new ambulance. We spent most of that day playing doctor and Carter putting his stuffed animals in the back of the ambulance.

The following day Steve, my parents, and I all headed to Burley. Amanda and Carrie and their families would be coming to spend the remainder of the week. I was lucky enough, if you can call it lucky, to be able to be excused from work for that week. The only reason I was allowed to leave was because I needed to have my wisdom teeth out. I was in training at work and they wouldn't allow me to leave without a really good reason and I got it! So Tuesday my mom, George, and I headed up to Twin to get those bad boys taken out. I don't remember much of that day, but I am told that I was kind of a beast on that medicine. I was yelling because I could not drive home, and I took out my bloody gauze and laid it on the seat of my Mom's car. I remember nothing about the ride home. I barely remember eating some mashed potatoes and chicken broth. I do very clearly remember waking up from a nap and feeling like my face had been run over by a truck! I didn't have much time to complain though; because soon after that everyone arrived and it didn't get quiet until Saturday afternoon when everyone left! 
Here are just a few pictures of that week...
Christmas with the Andros kids. 



Many rides on the fourwheeler.  
Jace and Paige sang us a song that they sang for a Christmas program. 
Did I mention my Mom scheduled family pictures for the day after I got my wisdom teeth out? That may look like a smile, but it is actually a grimace. It is amazing that we got everyone to look at the camera and smile. It is also fantastic that no one is crying!
These three little boys loved playing MarioKart Wii. They would always get 10th, 11th, and 12th, or they quit halfway through a race, but boy did they have fun.

Then on New Year's Eve it was time to part ways. Carrie and Ben headed back to Washington, Amanda and Neil headed back to Logan, and the rest of us headed to Payson, Utah. We headed there to attend a very special baptism. We attended the baptism of my boyfriend, George. Yes, blogging world, my boyfriend, and yes, his name is George. Is it weird for you to read? It is kind of weird for me to say, to be honest. I have never really called anyone that before, or; admitted it to anyone. Anyways, it was a really awesome day. My brother, Steve, did the baptizing. It was such a cool experience that not many words can describe it. It was also a pretty embarrassing day. George's Stake President gave a talk that was pretty much all about me, and boy did my cheeks go red! But other than that it was pretty amazing. I was so thankful that my parents were willing to come and support George, and to Steve for baptizing him. Unfortunately, I took no pictures of that day.

Since New Year's Eve I have just been working and going to school. I shouldn't say just school and work because I am so, so busy. All of the time! I have school every morning at 7:30. Yep, that is right, 7:30. I am pretty sure some of your jaws just dropped because you cannot possibly imagine me dragging myself out of bed at that time, but it happens...EVERY MORNING! Did I mention that I am taking Human Anatomy this semester? Did I also mention that class is the most failed class at USU? And if you know me you know my record of failing classes...ya not good. But I study so hard it is insane. Right after school everyday I go to my new job. It shouldn't really be called a job because I love it so much and it is so easy, but I get paid for it so I'll call it one. 
I get to babysit this cute face EVERYDAY!
Meet the new man in my life...
Trae Michael Kennedy
Isn't he just so cute? 
So cute, in fact, that I don't mind when he pukes or poops on me. Which, unfortunately, happens quite often. It is okay though...how could I possibly be mad at him with a face like that? 

I also have another job.
This job, however; deserves a post of its own. Which I will do at a later date. I have already blogged so much that I can't do anymore today. Soon though I promise.

So yes this has been my life lately. It is a super busy life, but a blessed one. I feel so blessed everyday to have a job, to be a student, to have such incredible friends, and to have such an amazing family.

3 comments:

  1. It's about time! Love your posts- you really need to do it more often.

    You look great in the family picture. For reals. Great to see you at Christmas. Can't wait to see you next month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have me on pins and needles....do you still wear your hair in a ponytail? Just kidding.
    Glad you have a job now and glad you spent xmas with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that your dog's name is jimmer. :)

    and congrats on the boyfriend getting baptised. he must be a cool dude if he's dating you. hope you're doing well cath! :)

    ReplyDelete