Thursday, August 4, 2011

the best day...

let me tell you about a few of the "good and bads" from alaska.

good: i have money to buy things.
bad: alaska is very expensive so i don't buy much.
                                
good: valdez has a movie theater.
bad: it only shows one show at a time.

good: harry potter is in theaters.
bad: it isn't in valdez.

good: harry potter is showing in wasilla.
bad: wasilla is 5 hours away.

good: our boss LOVES harry potter and is dying to see it just as bad as cath, tiff, and i are.
bad: we have no work until friday.
good: road trip to wasilla tomorrow! [: [: [:

two days ago tami asked tiff, cath, and i if we wanted to take a road trip to wasilla to see harry potter. of course we said heavens yes! so the next day at the early hour of 7 a.m. we piled into the car to see harry potter!

my life is basically complete now.

but harry potter wasn't the only fabulous part about our roadtrip. other fabulous things that wasilla had:
-target.
-wal mart.
-chili's.
-treats for a reasonable price.
and best of all.....

[drumroll please...]

MCDONALD'S


yea, we were mcdonald's deprived.
seriously.
never thought i would ever say that but it is true.
i missed it so much.
but everyone is.

the day before we left to wasilla i was leaving work and nelson hollered at me. so i ran over to see what he needed and he gave me twenty bucks and told me to pick him up some mcdonald's. i thought he was kidding. i mean seriously by the time we got back his food would be 5 hours old!

he didn't care! so while we were at mcdonalds i bought nelson's food first. i went up to order and nelson wanted 1 chicken sandwich and 5 mcdoubles. the lady who took my order turned around to a boy working and told him my order. the boy turned around looked at me (you know that look when they look you up and down) and then just says seriously??! i was humiliated! then the whole time i was waiting for my food he just stared at me and shook his head. facepalm! i grabbed my bags and turned around and left.

oh yea, i never got my food.
so i had to go back again and get my own food.
that worker thinks i know how to put food away.

all in all i left wasilla with cheap, well normal priced, granola, 7 hamburgers from mcdonalds, a dr. pepper, and i saw harry potter!

my life is complete.

tami also asked me to drive on the way back because she was getting tired. it was my first time driving in a month and a half.
it felt awesome.

and while i was driving we saw this moose, seriously RIGHT across the street!



in other good news, a GREAT friend got his mission call to columbia
AND
20 days left of being o.k. in the A.K.

life is good right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment