Saturday, August 6, 2011

Happy Anniversary

Happy Anniversary to these two!
I'm a little embarrassed to admit, though, that I don't know how many years they have been married, but I couldn't ask for two better parents!
I love and miss you both Mom and Dad!
Happy Anniversary! 

Just a few reasons why I love my mom and dad
(most of the pics are from our last vacation to New York)







my parents took Steve and I on a graduation trip this past March (I know, I know Steve graduated 7 years ago) to New York City, and boy did they deliver! Some of the things we did
-Times Square (1st picture)
-Yankee Stadium 
-2 Broadway plays (Wicked and How To Succeed in Business Without Really Trying)
-New York Knicks vs the Utah Jazz basketball game
-Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
-Museum of Natural History
-The Met
-Ground Zero and an amazing 9/11 Workshop (2nd picture)
-Rockefeller Center
-Steve's favorite Madam Taussads' Wax Statue Museum (2 pictures above and 1 below)
and so so much more. 
my parents were so awesome on that trip and I'm so thankful they took me it was such a blast!





I have my wonderful Dad to thank for my love of sports. This man loves his sports and passed it down to his kids. I remember times as a kid he would take my siblings and me outside and shoot around the hoop or play catch with us. I also remember every trip we took we always found some baseball or basketball game to go to. One of my favorite memories of my childhood is at the old Seattle Mariner's Stadium in 1996. It was the first time I saw the Yankees ever play. I was sitting in between my Dad and my sister Carrie. I think it was then that I started my obsession with Derek Jeter--it was his Rookie year. My Dad fell in love with the Yankees, especially Mickey Mantle (pic above), as a young kid and he passed that on to my and my siblings and I plan to pass that down to my children, and maybe even one day have a son named Jeter Robert?  My Dad is one of the biggest reasons why I chose Physical Education as my major. I want to help kids find a love for sports like my Dad did for me. 




My mom is the most amazing woman i know. I don't even know where to start so I'm just going to list everything in random order: she's hard working, she serves others, she puts all her effort into everything she does, she is loving, she is all about her family, and she is one of the most honest people i know. She is kind of a history nerd like me (the first picture is outside of the Natural History Museum). She is always willing to put others needs before her own. She is seriously just incredible.

My parents have both always taught me the importance of school and being a hard worker. They are the two hardest workers I know. Both are college graduates (although my mom was never an aggie) and both have stressed to me the importance of getting a degree.




and most importantly these two people are the best grandparents in the world! i'm a little jealous of my nieces and nephews because they have THE BEST grandparents! They would do anything, and I mean anything for their grandkids. I can count on one hand the times my mom would jump with me on the tramp when i was little, but now she does it daily for them :) 

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad 
Love and miss you both! 






2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the anniversary post! FYI it's 34 years. Just add 2 years to Matt's age. We didn't do much to celebrate on our anniversary since we were helping with the co-ed softball tournament. I got talked into playing and I think I'm officially the oldest woman to play (but just for 3 innings). Just one suggestion: How about Robert Jeter instead of Jeter Robert? We love you and miss you and we're counting the days till you come home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post. We have pretty cool parents, eh?

    All I have to say is that you can't use Jeter Robert if I beat you to it... If Ben gets his wish and we have twin boys, it will be Jeter Robert and Derek Earl. :) hehe

    And no, your obsession with Derek Jeter started with ME, thanks. You were only 6 in 1996 and I'm not even sure you were potty trained, let alone aware of who Jeter was. I became obsessed his rookie year and you followed suit, which is totally ok- how can you not be obsessed with a player that great, but I started it.

    ReplyDelete