Friday, August 12, 2011

the things that made my day...

today was a good day.
it all started out when i was walking to work.
it was warm...well under armour and a v neck warm but hey, that works for me!

then while i was at work i was controlling the magnet and to be honest it was getting a bit boring.
just when i thought my life could not become any more monotonous one of our bosses, adel tapped me on the shoulder.
i turned around and he slapped this little beauty on my head.


he then started laughing saying i looked like one of those little dutch girls so guess who popped up with their camera...nelson.
such a flattering shot.
you are welcome facebook world.
my cute little hat gave everyone a good laugh and i felt really special wearing it around all day.

then when i got off work i checked my facebook and saw this darling photo.


for those of you who aren't aware that is jaxon, my boyfriend.
he is the greatest.
and if you don't understand why his feet are turned like that it's because i stand pigeon toed.
very VERY pigeon toed.
i also love to live in my boots and sweats.
the caption of the photo said jaxon missed me etc.
it made my day.
so just a shoutout to jax: i love you, and i can't wait to see your cute little face in just 13 days!! [:

so as i was sitting in my room laughing over that picture i got a knock on my door.
i opened my door and two phillipino men were standing in the hallway holding roses.
i was a bit shocked and super confused.
the one man told me i was beautiful and that they wanted to give these roses to me.
so sweet of them but to be honest, i don't even know their names!
no idea how they know my name...or my room number....
slightly creepy but hey, i'm looking on the bright side!
they were very nice and real gems.


(don't mind the crusty no makeup look...i've given up on it.)

i also found out that my homey is a boston fan...



we were destined to be homies.
he also bought me a dr. pepper.
the store downstairs ran out of them about 3 weeks ago and i've been deprived.
very deprived.
nelson is thee greatest!


and last but not least,
this lady topped off my day to make it great.


my mom is incredible.
today i had to call her to get my tuition all figured out.
now my mom is a busy lady.
and even though she could have been doing a million other things she listened and helped me get everything all figured out.
not only that but she also let me blabber to her about nothing.
she always knows just what to say.
and she is my best friend
i always told myself i wouldn't be one of those kids who leaves home and has to call their mom everyday.
well jokes on me because that's exactly what i do.
and i'm so grateful i have her.

No comments:

Post a Comment