Monday, June 27, 2011

online dating??

well i did it. i survived that first plane ride! it really never ceases to amaze me the type of people you will meet. as i was sitting there waiting for the plane to take off i was squeesing my hand rest with my head back and my eyes squeezed shut. it was obvious to everyone that i was slightly freaking out. as the plane started moving this man sitting across the aisle from me taps me on the arm and says:

"ma'am, would you possibly have a stick of gum?"

i looked at him and just nodded my head yes. i really thought that maybe he was trying to distract, and i didn't think that he was actually being serious in wanting a piece of gum.

[i was wrong.]

he then went on explaining that for the past two and a half months he has been online chatting with this girl and he was meeting her for the first time. his exact words:
"i really think we're going to hit it off nicely and so i just really need a stick of gum so i can just pop it in right before we meet. just in case my breath is...well you know."

by this point i'm sitting in my seat trying not to laugh and the lady sitting next to me is giggling while playing on her i-pad. i gave him a piece of gum and thought that the conversation was over.
[i was wrong...again]

i then got the whole story on his online dating experiences...and a few tips!

1. ALWAYS show pictures of what you look like.
(he didn't do that with his last girl and he drove a whole 120 miles to see her and then she got cold feet.)
2. if the first relationship doesn't work out, don't freak out.
(he told me to trust him, he's gone through like 5 women and he's still staying calm!)
3.make sure you really now the person before you go and visit them.
(i guess know as much as you can since it's all online?)
thanks to my little online dating friend i wasn't even scared during takeoff! also, if i ever need to pursue some online dating i now know all of the great techniques and tips.

he was a gem. can't wait to see just what my next flight brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment