Saturday, July 16, 2011

i like boys.

meet this guy.
no your eyes aren't fooling you, he really is shorter than me.

standing at a solid 4 foot 7 is my new friend nelson. nelson is the funniest little man i've ever met. he makes me laugh just about every day. there is only one problem about little nelson, i can almost never understand him. he talks about a hundred miles an hour and barely knows english, so it is a bunch of mumbling and such. it's also more of a high pitched tone. this turns out to be a bit of a problem at times, just read about these awesome conversations we've had.

the other day as i was getting off work nelson ran up to me and said:
nelson: eh i have a question.
brin: ok nelson what's up?
nelson: brin too hard to say, i just call you homey?
brin: of course nelson. we can be homeys.

so forget brin, we're now strictly homey. never knew my name was so difficult!

another fabulous conversation goes like this:

brin: nelson, how old are you?
nelson: one.

five minutes later

brin: nelson, how old are you?
nelson: two.

perhaps he didn't understand the question?

and finally probably the most awkward conversation we've had so far...

i was raking and it was very loud. i can barely understand what nelson is saying when it's silent and so when it's loud understanding the poor guy is almost impossible.

i was waiting for the can line to start and so i pulled out my phone and sent my mom a text message. i locked my phone and my lock screen popped up. the lock screen is this picture.
a picture of me with one of my best friends. nelson was peeking over my shoulder and when he saw the picture he gasped then tapped me on the shoulder saying.

nelson: oh that's why you don't like men here... you lesbian.

it was super loud and like usual i just kinda nodded my head half listening. it suddenly hit me what he said and i freaked out.

brin: whoa whoa nelson no, i like boys!
nelson: oh is that you girlfriend? (pointing to my phone)
brin: no no no it's my best friend!
nelson: oh girlfriend.
brin: no nelson! just a friend. i like boys, i REALLY like boys. only boys.
nelson: i'm a boy.
brin: eh well yea, but uh...
nelson: so you like boys or girls?
brin: BOYS!

he then walked away and i was left there raking, half embarrassed half peeing my pants from laughing so hard.

five minutes later nelson comes back...

nelson: so you like boys or girls?
brin: boys nelson, i love love love boys! not girls.
nelson: ohhh so just picture of friend?
brin: yes nelson, just a friend.
nelson: (walking away shaking his head and laughing) oh you scare me, for a minute i thought you lesbian!

so just to clear it up, i like boys....just not the phillipino ones.
although i am glad i have my homey. he's a real keeper!




No comments:

Post a Comment