Monday, July 18, 2011

so there's this song...

and it's called count your many blessings, and trust me today i was definitely counting mine. it was all i could do to not cry today. today was just not my day. it all started when i woke up and reality finally hit me.

one of my best friends, brawn, left on his mission a few days ago and i missed it. because i was in alaska i missed his farewell and getting to say goodbye to him before he left. he did call me the day before but seriously, a fifteen minute phone call just does not do the justice of being there in real life and a real hug. i am the worst best friend. 

as i was feeling bad for myself i guess i wasn't paying much attention because i smashed my finger in between two bussies. major ouch! it ripped my skin off and it was just one painful experience. i was so mad that i kicked that busse, called it a bum hole, then started yelling at it saying that it was so dumb and that because it smashed my finger i was going to buy myself a new pair of tom's with the money i earned from that stupid busse.

yes, i am pathetic, yelling at a big metal box filled with cans. but it did make me feel better.

then as i was in the retort pulling out a busse i slipped and fell and the busse ran me over.
and i soaked my pants.
and i was embarrassed.
and mad.

then i went to lunch and hit my cup and spilled my water, all over the table and everyone.

then i looked at my phone and i had a message from this cute girl.

and then i wanted my old job back, [child] sitting her. where life was easy and we jumped in the river everyday and had eggo waffles and orange juice.
[sarah that part was just for you because i know you remember this. (: ]

basically things were just not going my way.

luckily for me i have a mom that prays for me every night because today i seriously needed it. just when i thought my day couldn't get any worse i was walking to go pull another busse when my "homey" nelson grabs me by the arm. he pulls me aside and pulls out the biggest toblerone candy bar ever and says, "i buy this for you because we homies."

then i have a new text and it's from this fabulous guy, my dad.

the text simply said hey brin i love you have a great day, but seriously sometimes that's all you need.

i then decided to "count my blessings" because i do have many. 
so here's what i cam up with:


although i missed this best friend's farewell,

i'll be home just in time for this best friend's farewell.

so on the bright side at least i'll get to see one of them off. plus, i can always write letters which will be simply fabulous.

oh and speaking of missionaries, it's a monday which means that i get an email from this guy.

oh how i've missed dallin and i just love mondays when i get to hear from him again.

so all in all i do have a lot of great blessings in my life, it just took a little time to come up with them today.
but now i know that sometimes it's really fabulous to have a homie who has my back and a daddy who knows just the right time to text me.

i'd say that after realizing all that, life is pretty good.







No comments:

Post a Comment