Wednesday, July 13, 2011

mishaps, misfortunes, and mistakes.

i'm not really positive why, but it seems as if embarrassing things ALWAYS happen to me. at the time they aren't so funny but give it a few hours and i have some of the greatest stories to tell. because of this i decided to document all of my embarrassments here.

[we're not allowed to take pictures of the factory equipment and etc. just yet so try and use your imagination and bear with me.]

first we'll start with the retorts, or retards as cath likes to call them. personally i think that cath's name is more fitting but yea know. anyways retorts are these huge metal cages that hold 15 layers of half pound cans and 8 layers of normal cans. anyways, once they are full of cans they weigh about 1600 pound and yes, we get to push these little babies. seriously, these things could give even mark knobbe a run for his money! after that we put them in the retorts where they cook and then we empty them. slightly confusing i kno

so anyways, it was my lucky day and i had the late retorts meaning i worked from 7 a.m. to 3 a.m.

kill me.

so i'm working all day and my feet ache and FINALLY at 3 a.m. these stupid retorts are finally done! i basically crawl back to my room because i'm exhausted and my feet ache worse than anything. i get back to my room and undress. my pajamas are siting right on the floor next to my bed but before i put them on i just had to rest my feet.

so i layed down.

and i fell asleep.

with no clothes on.

so the next morning the alarm goes off and like usual i sleep in a little later than cath and camille. finally it hits me that i need to wake up and i jump right out of bed...

with no clothes on.

yea, i was sure a pleasant sight for the roommates. i was humiliated and jumped back into bed screaming that i had just been so exhausted that i fell asleep with no clothes on! but don't worry, secrets cannot be kept around here and so within 20 minutes the WHOLE town of valdez knew about how i forgot to put on my clothes.

awesome.

next we have the raking. raking is when we put the cans into a busse (the huge heavy metal boxes.) the cans come on conveyor belts and they are never ending and ALWAYS full. the cans never stop coming. so anyways the busse's have like a lift type thing so that we can fit in all the layers of cans. when you fill up the first two layers somebody is supposed to hold the busse into place so that nothing gets off balance. well at the time all three can lines were running and all the busse's were full. because of this nobody was there to hold our busse in place. we filled up the first layer (about 200 cans) when we noticed that the platform was tilting...really tilting.

we screamed for our advisor adel who ran over and was trying to fix it. in all of the chaos the other helper ronaldo tried to push the lever and ALL of the cans spilled out onto the floor.

then guess who walks out to see all of the commotion...our boss.

really, it doesn't look too awesome when 200 cans are spilled all over the floor, two guys are yelling at each other, and you're the one standing in the raking position.

my boss and i made eye contact and i started bawling.

then the whole can line became so backed up that the two QA's started screaming to shut the whole can line off. so they did. now the WHOLE can line is staring at my partner and i and i am in tears. and it's dead silent.

luckily, this was not my fault and adel made sure that everyone knew that it was his fault and not mine. i just love adel.

next the magnet. the magnet transfers the cooled cans onto the pallets so that they can be shipped away. now normally when i stand under the magnet i am short enough that i don't have to duck. but when you're actually working under the magnet you are required to wear a hard hat. 

so as i started i was really slow and i kept having to stop the magnet. FINALLY i didn't have to stop the magnet and i was so excited! i jumped up with the biggest smile on my face right as the magnet was swinging over me.

it smacked me in the head SO hard! knocked my helmet off, major whiplash, and best off all, everyone was watching. 

next we have the saran wrapper. the saran wrapper is the easiest job here and so everybody wants it. now imagine in your head what the stereotypical bully looks like. you've imagined shelby. but in all reality shelby is the equivalent to rhett matsen. huge and scary, yet so nice and a great guy. anyways shelby and i were walking into work when we both looked at the open saran wrapper. we then made eye contact with each other and started off in a dead run. well shelby played basketball in high school and decided to show me just how well he could box out. (smyer you would be proud of his box out.) anyways he drills me...face plant right on the ground.

oh yea, i didn't get the saran wrapper either.

dang.

now in case you're getting wondering, no i don't just get embarrassed at work. the public bathroom will be the death of me.

the other day i was showering and i was avoiding touching the walls at all cost, which is really hard because the showers are so tiny! so anyways i shower and step out (in my flip flops of course) and go to put my shorts on. well as i step in the first leg of my shorts my flip flop gets stuck and i lose my balance. 

face plant on the bathroom floor! oh my goodness i gagged and jumped right back in that shower so fast and basically emptied cath's body wash. so so so sick!

i've also mistaken mozerella sticks for fried pickles and chicken bites for fried oysters. yes, both have been gagged out of my mouth all over my tray.

my manners rock here in the A.K.

well just give me a day or two and i will have plenty more stories to share but that's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment