Sunday, July 17, 2011

Why I'm here, and what I'm missing

Just in case anyone forgot this is technically my (Catherine) blog. I've been meaning to post for awhile, but I never know what to say so I let Brin do it for me. Today I received an email from my mom saying I needed to post...so here it is.

For those of you who don't know I was offered this same job last year, but didn't take it. I just didn't feel right about taking it. Instead I took another job...pretty sure that was the worst and grossest job ever! I didn't know why I didn't feel right about the Alaska job until just about a couple months ago. And this is why...
Not the best picture, but you get the point. I needed to stay home and watch these 5 leave on there missions. They were seriously such good influences on me. Probably the best and the worst summer of my life...if that makes sense. I learned so much from these 5 and I don't think I've ever cried so hard or so much in my whole life! I feel so blessed to have had such an AMAZING group of friends!
But anyways this summer seemed to be the perfect time to come to Alaska and it just seemed right. Next summer the boys above will be home and I DEFINITELY would not want to miss that. So this summer just seemed like the prime time to come.  It was still super hard to come here; because of all I would be missing. So here is a list of the stuff I'm missing the most. (Don't judge me on some of them)
I LOVE THIS SHOW! I'm dying a little inside without it. Not that I want to be like them, but I am obsessed with it!
I HATE not being able to paint my nails. I used to choose colors that I knew would annoy my mom, but now I'm obsessed with painting them. We can't paint our nails up here though and I think I"m going to go crazy!
I miss this beautiful river! I used to spend many hours of my summer on this, but not this summer! I'm also missing the sun and my tan!

I especially miss Sunday nights, with my Dad, watching the Yankees play. It almost broke my heart when I missed this handsome man above get his 3,000th hit. It just doesn't feel like summer without baseball games!

But I'm especially missing these people....











its been super hard to be away from my family this summer. I miss my Mom and Dad and ALL the stuff they do for my. I miss my sisters and how funny they are. I miss my brothers-in-law and how they tease all the time. And I especially miss Jace, Paige, Chloe, Mitchell, Tristan, Carter, Leah, Lexi, and Jackson. This is the first time I have missed family vacation since they were started many years ago. That has been the hardest part to far. I miss my family a lot, but it helps having this boy here...
its hard being away from home in this cold place, but I REALLY do love it here!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, it's official--you made me cry. We miss you, too. Family vacation just wasn't the same without you. All the grandkids who can talk asked for you: Caffrin, Cat-run, etc. We'll pray that next summer you can find another job that pays the big bucks closer to home. Can't wait to see you on August 25th! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed you too this summer- it wasn't the same without you, especially missed you the week I stayed at home after the family reunion. You'll have to come up to Seattle sometime this fall and stay for a few days. You're doing great there- keep up the good work and we LOVE video chatting with you. We definitely need to keep doing it and do it often. Be GOOD!

    ReplyDelete